Top Social

Splurge vs Steal

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hi everyone!

For the 2014 blogger challenge this weeks topic was high-end vs high-street and that got me to thinking on what I'm willing to save on and what I justify splurging on. So I put together five products I would splurge for and five products I would rather save my money on. Now of course this list would be different for just about everyone because everyone has different preferences.

Products I tend to splurge tend to be for the most part powder products, such as bronzer, blush, setting powder, and eyeshadows. I think having a setting powder that is finely milled is extremely important, because it will prevent the cakey look and I haven't found a drugstore powder that I like. Blushes and bronzers are the same situation for me. Having a finely milled blush and bronzer will allow for a much smoother application and because one only uses a little at a time they will last for quite a bit. High-end eyeshadows have similar qualities as blush and bronzer. They go on smoother and tend to be more pigmented and have less fallout. Primer is another product I have not found one that I actually like from the drugstore, and much of the high-end primers have better quality ingredients which to be the first thing on your face, why not splurge a little. Now I do believe one can find amazing things at the drugstore that will do the same job as that of high-end products, however like I said above this is all preference.

I tend to try and save on products I use just about everyday. So foundation, concealer, mascara, eyeliner, and lipsticks. The drugstore has really upped their game in recent years, I have found that their foundations and concealers have improved immensely, especially in their shade selections. Mascara is something the drugstore does best, there are so many different types that one can find one to meet their needs. Liquid/Gel liner I think the drugstore has improved on the pigmentation and longevity. Lipstick is something that could go either way but for me personally I think the shade selection and formulas at the drugstore are great, and I tend to loose lipsticks a lot so knowing that I didn't just loose a $20 lipstick makes me feel better.

What products do you guys splurge/save for?

Enjoy the rest of your day!
xoxo Franchesca

11 comments on "Splurge vs Steal"
  1. Replies
    1. I believe it's sky pink from revlon.

      xo Franchesca

      Delete
  2. I splurge on Foundation more than I do anything. I think other than that I have found some of the best of the best from the drugstore and use those! :)

    Love Always,
    Elizabeth
    thejourneycreatingme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to splurge on foundation, but found ones that work great for me at the drugstore.
      Thanks for checking it out :)

      xo Franchesca

      Delete
  3. I splurge on eyeshadow palettes and bronzers than anything else. Great post.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do as well, I find that its really difficult to find good quality ones at the drugstore.
      Thanks for checking it out :)

      xo Franchesca

      Delete
  4. For being one of my favorite blogs, I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! Thanks for being an awesome blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi lovely,
    your blog is beautiful <3
    If you would like to see mine and follow me on blogloving I ALWAYS follow back.

    Lots of love

    www.mintandbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much hun!
      I am now following :)

      xo Franchesca

      Delete
  6. I completely agree I totally splurge for more of my powder products. But I also splurge on foundation.
    Lip products I can get great ones at the drugstore. Great post!

    ReplyDelete