Top Social

Simple Cleansing Micellar Water

Thursday, August 13, 2015

After hearing about the great benefits of micellar water for years now, I got really excited when Simple came out with a micellar water a couple months ago. Its the only one that is easily accessible in the states thats also affordable. Now after years of hearing about micellar waters I never really understood what made it different from regular water.

Micellar water takes its name from micelles, tiny round balls of cleansing molecules that float in the water. When you apply the product to your skin, the cleansing agents come into contact with oil and dirt on your face, allowing them to be swept away quickly and efficiently. Micellar cleansing water uses very gentle but effective cleansing agents. There is no tingling or tightening effect, and it’s powerful enough to remove eye makeup, so there is no need for a separate makeup remover.

So now that we know what makes this different from plain water, how does this one hold up? It is very gentle, leaves the skin feeling smooth and clean. It does a good job of removing makeup, but takes some effort with mascara. Essentially I holds true to  all its claims but I did find it did sting a bit. Not as bad as with cleaning wipes, but definitely enough for me to notice. I will say though I do think this is a nice product, I don't have much to compare it too. So I'll keep you posted as I try to test out other micellar waters.

Which micellar water is your favorite?

xoxo Franchesca

source / LaRoche Posay- What is micellar water?
Post Comment
Post a Comment