Top Social

L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream

Monday, December 2, 2013


Hi there everyone!

Hope you all had an amazing weekend! So today I thought I'd review my favorite bb cream since I mentioned it in my November Favorites

First let me start off with that this is the only bb cream I have tried, because to me western bb creams are just glorified tinted moisturizers, and I still feel this way. However this is the closest one that I think resembles that of an eastern bb creams, especially for the drugstore. This one stood out to me because it was in the skin care not the makeup aisle.

So since its in my favorites, it must be obvious that I love this stuff. Here are the clams that I got of the L'Oreal website "Youth Code™ BB Cream Illuminator instantly evens, illuminates, perfects, moisturizes, and protects skin. In one week, tone and texture are improved and skin is healthier looking".  I totally think this bb cream lives up to its claims, besides the tone correcting properties. I leave that up to my skin care, and I think this would have to be worn daily to see the results and well I like to go days without makeup as well as use different products. I can however say that my skin loves this stuff. It is super moisturizing and give this beautiful glow to the skin. I've worn this out to the bars and every time I do some guy is telling me I have beautiful skin. Guys don't normally compliment skin, so I'm going to assume they weren't just hitting on me. I love using this on its own or under a foundation, because whenever I do use this, the next day my skin looks amazing. I usually reach for this most often when I'm experiencing a breakout because its light and evens out my complexion. I think this bb cream is great for all skin types, however it would do wonders for those with dry to normal skin. If you have oily skin I would recommend you set this with a powder. My only issue with this bb cream is that it comes in two shade light and medium. I have it in medium and it only matches me when I'm tan, however at the moment I am not so it's a bit dark for me. I wish L'Oreal would come out with more shades!  

All in all if you can wear one of the two shades, I totally recommend this product. It has worked great for me and hope it does for you too. If you've tried this bb cream, what are your thoughts on it? 

Have a great day!
xoxo Franchesca  
6 comments on "L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream"
  1. Nice review - I'll check it out! Hopefully the light shade is light enough :)

    xo, Liz
    www.casualconcern.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope the shade is a match!

      xo. Franchesca :)

      Delete
  2. You know, I've been hearing raves about this one before but every time I checked my local drugstore I'd never see it on the shelves. I just assumed I was unlucky or that my area didn't stock any. It never crossed my mind to check in the skin care aisle. I'll bet that's why I can't seem to find it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the same for months! Then I found it my chance when picking up a cleanser,lol.
      Thanks for stopping by!
      xo. Franchesca

      Delete
  3. great review. I couldn't agree more! I love it too, definitely one of my favs in the drugstore.

    Sophia ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for checking out my post.

      xo. Franchesca

      Delete