Top Social

Emergency Skincare Routine

Thursday, February 20, 2014


Hey everyone!

About two weeks ago now I went to DC, and I have no idea why but my face went completely mad. By the end of my trip my face was extremely dry, flakey with new spots all over my face. Like any other person I freaked out as I have never experienced such dry skin and that many breakouts before. So because my face was so dry I was more concerned with getting the dryness under control before I even tried to treat my spots and make my face even more dry.

First things first put away any drying face cleaners. I had picked up the Pond's cream cleanser and also picked up their daily exfoliator [to help get rid of the flakiness]. These products are great for my skin, they give a really nice clean without over drying and don't leave a film on the face like most cream cleansers. The exfoliator has super fine microbeads in it that allows for a super gentle exfoliation. I like to use the exfoliator in the morning to get blood circulation in my face going and cream cleanser at night. After cleansing I will spray my face with my tea tree oil mist. I would then go in and apply the dual action moisturizer as a spot treatment and apply coconut oil and follow with my facial moisturizer. For the most part unless I've had a meeting I have gone bare face to allow my skin to breath [read: my face was so dry everything was clinging to my dry patches]. Through out the day I will apply my spot treatment and reapply my moisturizer. My night time routine is just about the same, but after cleansing I have been throwing on the NARS luminous mask at least twice a week.

I have not only changed my skincare regimen I have made some temporary changes to my diet as well. I am a huge lover of my fizzy drinks, but I had to replace them with water and tea. I have been drinking green tea like its going out of fashion. I have also tried to incorporate more veggies into my meals, I find my self now ordering a side of steamed veggies instead of fries, although it has been easy considering I have been craving broccoli tons [strange I know]. I have also replaced my beloved steak for some fish [eww]. I have been making sure I'm in bed with a cup of tea [again] by 10 pm.

Just days after doing this routine my skin started to look presentable again, but after two weeks well my skin is looking its best since August, when my major breakouts began. Now I just have to keep craving that broccoli till my scars clear up.

If you guys are experiencing sudden breaks out checkout Caroline Hirons sudden breakouts cheat sheet. It is immensely helpful and she is a genius when it comes to skincare.

Have a lovely day!
xoxo Franchesca


4 comments on "Emergency Skincare Routine"
  1. Lovely selection here I have not used any of these on my problem skin but really want to try some Nars products! <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nars skin products are amazing. Pricey but I think totally worth it.
      Thanks for checking it out :)

      xo Franchesca

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of anyone craving brocolli...If only those were my cravings, lol.
    Thanks for sharing the link to the cheat sheets, those are genius! Hope your skin clears up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I get the oddest cravings. Glad you found the cheat sheets helpful :)

      xo Franchesca

      Delete