Top Social

Honey Dew Me Up

Tuesday, February 3, 2015


Me and primers have a love hate relationship. I'm always looking for a primer that will make my application smoother, wear longer and blur imperfections. So when the NYX Honey Dew Me Up primer made its way to my vanity I was very intrigued. First thoughts about this product was that it looked quite gimmicky, but before I tell you how it holds up heres a little background.

Honey Dew Me Up is gel primer infused with honey for its natural antiseptic. The gold flecks are used to increase radiance and collagen to strengthen skin.

When I first tried this I was scared that I would have gold flakes on my face, but they blend out so they're not a problem. The consistency was not what I was expecting at all. It's a very thin gel that absorbs easily, I was expecting a thicker honey consistency. The applicator was a bit odd, I get what they were trying to go for its hygienic, but it would prefer a pump or squeeze tube.

What I did notice when I applied this was how smooth my skin felt, makeup application was smooth. However, I just was not a fan of how makeup looked on top of this primer. I tried it with a number of bases and I just did not like the way the base sat on top of the primer. The sections around my nose and smile lines were emphasized, more than any of my other primers.

I may not like how this looks under makeup, but I did really like the look I got when I wore this alone. It added a natural glow from within look, that's perfect for just running some errands.

Have you all tried this before?

xoxo Franchesca


Post Comment
Post a Comment