Top Social

Exuviance Skin Care

Wednesday, September 24, 2014


I am a HUGE fan of skincare and am pretty much down to try anything to give me clear, smooth, glowy skin, except of course that vampire facial thing that was going around. So when given the opportunity through BrandBacker to test out an at home peel came about I was game! Exuviance was kind enough to send me a couple samples of their
Excuviance Performance Peel AP25
along with their OptiLight Essential 6 Serum
and their Evening Resorative Complex.

I have always wanted to give try out a glycolic peel because I have always experience some type of breakout that left me some scars. There are a few reasons why I never actually got one, one my mother said no for a number of reasons but the one that was repeated most was that I was just too young to do that to my skin. Two they’re on the pricier side of things. Three straight fears I would look like Samantha from Sex and the City when she had a peel done.

The Performance Peel was created to be safe and easy to use at home. How it works is that you are meant to use it twice a week for 6 weeks to see results. Their claims are that after a month the peel will help with…

•Refine pore size and smooth texture
•Visibly diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
•Improve clarity and brightness
•Brighten and even skin tone
•Provide an all-over healthy glow, suppleness and smoothness to skin

What I experienced with this peel is that I experience no irritation and no redness. So I can say I do believe it is safe to use at home. However, I only tried this out for 2 weeks so I can’t really say much on the long term results. After each use I did notice that in the mornings my skin did look brighter, and I believe that this did play a part in the appearance of my scars. When it comes down to pore size, texture and fine lines I have to say that my age came into play. I’m 22 [Taylor Swift song now stuck in my head] so fine line, wrinkles and texture isn’t a concern just yet, however pore size are and though I do believe this may help in long term use. During my trial run I just wasn’t able to record any noticeable difference. So mom you were right!

When it comes to the appearance of my scars I believe the biggest player here was the OptiLight Essential 6 Serum. This was something I wasn’t too sure about as I thought “well everything now claims to even your skin tone” but this actually does! Now when I first applied this I was surprised because it reminded me of a targeted spot treatment more than a serum. It’s thin and absorbs super quick, so I used it like a sport treatment and I’m really impressed. There is so much science that is behind this so check out their site if you want to know how exactly this works.

Lastly Exuviance sent me their Evening Resorative Complex, in layman's terms their night cream that is A-MAZ-ZING. It smells divine has a fresh cucumber-y sent, its thin but moisturizing and absorbs quickly. Now like the serum there is a ton of science into this product, so for more information head on over to their site www.Exuviance.com

xoxo Franchesca


Post Comment
Post a Comment